Drunkenpom contains affiliate links. This means if you click on one of the links and make any purchase I will receive a small piece of the pie at no extra cost to you!!.
For anyone travelling to a different country, the odds are your plugs won’t fit into the socket. You’ll inevitably need a worldwide travel adaptor.
Having trawled the internet, it seems that there are many different adaptors on the market. Some, aimed at converting from one country to another and some converting many countries to many others. Some even have USB outlets to charge multiple devices simultaneously. According to the features and reviews, the best on the market at this current time is the Bez worldwide travel adapter.
Get more info and buy now at Amazon.
This worldwide travel adapter is able to convert plugs from 150 countries into sockets from 150 countries. From Australia to Ireland, you’re covered.
This product is not a voltage converter so be careful in America.
Dual 3.2A USB ports
The Bez worldwide travel adapter features dual USB charging ports which can be used with most appliances such as: MP3 players, mobile phones, GPS devices, digital cameras etc.
(Dual USB power rating: 5v/2500mA
Features and specifications:
- Quality: The Bez worldwide travel adapter is made with the highest quality materials, using the latest manufacturing techniques and processes. Rigorous testing and quality control ensure that the Bez adapter reaches you in pristine condition and will serve you well for many years to come.
- Smart charging: The Bez adapter comes equipped with a smart power IC chip to intelligently charge all USB devices i.e. Apple, Samsung, Sony, Blackberry, HTC, Lenovo, ZTE, Huawei, mp3 players, Bluetooth speakers, tablets, headphones and power banks.
- Compact: 6x6x5.1cm
- Light: 120 grams
- Spare fuse
- Comes with carry case
- 12 months warranty
Get more info and buy now at Amazon.
Everyday use of the Bez Worldwide travel adaptor
Having been on the road for over six months now and using the Bez worldwide travel adaptor pretty much everyday, I feel that I’m able to give an honest opinion of its capabilities. As, with anything there are good point and bad points, luckily with the Bez they are mostly good points:
The good points:
- First off, it hasn’t let me down. After literally hundreds of hours of use it is not showing any signs of wear and everything is working as it should.
- The dual USB charging ports are simply awesome! Much faster at charging vs plugging my phone into my laptop USB port. I might even go as far as saying that its faster than the original phone charger!!
- You can charge 3 devices from a single socket. Typical hostels (even some hotels in Malaysia) these days offer just one socket per bed. All good if, unlike me, you’re travelling light. Say just with a mobile phone for instance. On the other hand if you’re like me, traveling with a laptop, action camera, mobile phone and DSLR. What really is one socket!? NOT ENOUGH!!
- It has a power light. No more wondering if it’s the socket not working or is your charger faulty. May seem a small thing but it’s just handy to know.
Now the bad:
- In certain Asian countries, (Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam) they have 2 pin sockets. Not a problem it the pins are horizontal. Soon as you come across one that is worn and has the pins mounted vertically, you’re in trouble! The weight and length of the travel adaptor plus device plug and lead can pull the Bez adaptor down meaning only one pin will be connecting. There’s been times where I’ve had to prop it up with a water bottle or anything else that’ll fit. This problem is a little less with the normal/cheap nasty travel adaptors but when it happens, there isn’t enough space to wedge a water bottle under it. Swings and roundabouts.
All in all I must say I’m extremely happy with it.
What have other people said about the Bez worldwide travel adaptor?
At the time of me writing this review, there have been 301 customer reviews, with an average of 4.3 stars.
With most of the reviews being very positive, there are one or two reviews that state some little niggles with the Bez adapter. One customer said “one criticism, footprint could be slightly smaller as it does cover some switches on UK 13amp sockets.
On the other hand, the overwhelming majority were extremely with the product, “this is not the cheapest on the market, but it is the best that I have owned in 30 years of travelling” and “feels like a really solid bit of kit and the travel bag is a great idea and very handy”
Buy now at Amazon!!!!
Overall the Bez worldwide travel adapter is some bit of kit, well-made, durable and very versatile. For anyone who wants to see a fair bit of the world this travel adapter is an absolute must have!!