Drunkenpom contains affiliate links. This means if you click on one of the links and make any purchase I will receive a small piece of the pie at no extra cost to you!!.
Sunkingdom 80W solar charger review.
For anyone who plans on going “wild” camping for extended periods of time, one consideration that must be thought about is electricity! Electricity for lights, laptop, phone and even your car battery.
After countless times of the leisure battery on my campervan running low and being unable to power any of my devices/home comforts, well without turning the engine on and trading precious petrol for electricity.
I have decided to I need a way of harvesting sunlight to power my devices. After all, green energy is the best energy right!? There are many on the market but which are the best portable solar panels for this application!?
The one that stood out to me is the Sunkingdom 80W luminous solar panel…. Let’s take a look:
Portability and durability.
The Sunkingdom portable solar charging system is designed with portability and durability in mind. The nine individual solar panels fold away into a neat little package, approximately 35cm x 18cm x 9cm and weighs in at less than 2.5kg.
Ideal for hiking or camping away from the rest of the world. The panels themselves are made up of industrial-grade PET+EVA+mono cells and completely wrapped in a durable and waterproof fabric.
Another key feature that makes the Sunkingdom one of the best portable solar panels on the market is that it has dual output capability. One output of 18V for charging laptops and one 5v USB for charging mobile phones, tablets and ipods.
It will even do both at the same time!! It can also be used to keep a maintenance charge on lead acid batteries, simply connect the supplied crocodile clips to the battery and leave the panel on the windowsil. All the connectors and attachments needed are included with the package.
Features and specifications:
- Monocrystalline Solar Charger: This enables the Sunkingdom to be one of the more effective potable solar chargers with up to 20% efficiency with PowermaxIQ Technology. The monocrystalline solar cells used in this sunkingdom 80w are more space efficient than the polycrystalline of cheaper panels.
- Dual output: 5V USB device and 18V devices (simultaneously if needed). Also charges 12V storage batteries. The only drawback of charging two devices at the same time is that the sunkingdom panel can only kick out 80w max. This means that the electrical current produced by the sunkingdom solar panel will be split between devices.
- Durable and portable: 9 individual solar cells fold up into a compact size, and the unit is made from high quality durable and waterproof materials.
- Fast charging technology: Under direct sunlight, you can expect up to 2.1 Amps per port or up to 4.4 Amps overall for superior charging speeds. Considering the 240v mains charger that came with my laptop is only rated at 2.31A or 45 watt the sunkingdoms 4.4A is almost twice the possible output of the mains charger.
- As, with all Sunkingdom products you receive a full 12 month guarantee.
Get more information and buy now at Amazon
What have other people said about the Sunkingdom 80W:
At the time of me writing this review there have been 16 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Pretty much all reviews on amazon have been really positive, not one person could really say a bad word against the Sunkingdom. The only slight bad points I can find are that it does not have an internal battery to store power and the interface isn’t 100% waterproof, apart from that it’s perfect.
On the other hand there are plenty of very positive reviews. It charged the wife’s Galaxy S6 within an hour from being 30%. So a good start. and We used it for a sailing holiday to keep phones and battery packs charged – it works beautifully in full sun.
The Sunkingdom 80W, one of the best portable solar panels out there!? Yes I would definately say so!! Extremely versatile, efficient and practical, all for a very reasonable price.